Saturday, November 7, 2009

Special Event Series #4-- Graduation Cakes







Graduations are not only an exciting time, but also a wonderful accomplishment that needs to be recognized in a big way!
Graduation cakes can become the hit of the party if they are custom designed with graduate in mind.  This cake is a perfect example of that.  A previous client called me up and said she was throwing a graduation party for her daughters best friend and needed a "cosmotology" cake.  She gave me an idea and this is what I came up with.  Hair Dryer & hair brush made from rice cereal treats, covered in fondant.  The basket is my signature flavor... Orange Velvet.  And the Paul Mitchell Bottles... edible paper wrapped in fondant.
It is super fun to make cakes that are this individualized.  It's all worth it when you see the smiles on the clients faces when you drop it off.
Wheather it's a cake full of hair supllies or an edible diploma... any type of cake for graduations are a real
"treat".

1 comment:

Bethanie said...

This cake is so cool! (I went to hairschool)Love it!

Welcome to Sugar Kisses Cakes Blog! Where you can see everything I'm working on and doing on a daily basis! Hope you enjoy the site.. and remember.... 
I LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!!! 
 So feel free to comment anytime!!