Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Buttercream Beauty


Image Credit:  Swensen Photography


For those of you who are fondant haters, I have good news for you! Buttercream is making a comeback!
As a cake decorator, I have to admit I prefer fondant over buttercream just because of the versatility and amount of creativity you can have with fondant, but that being said, buttercream cakes can be very elegant and modern.
Buttercream can have a modern look to it by using texture in the frosting.  With this cake, we frosted it with a mango creme cheese icing nice and thick (that's the trick to have great looking textured cakes), then we angled a knife and swooped the frosting down on a diagonal.  At the reception, the florist went to work with all the flowers on and around the cake.  This cake was the main centerpiece of the reception.  It was in the middle of the room on a huge table full of flowers.  It turned out beautiful.  Thank you Jamie for letting me be apart of your wedding.  I had so much fun working with you.

No comments:

Welcome to Sugar Kisses Cakes Blog! Where you can see everything I'm working on and doing on a daily basis! Hope you enjoy the site.. and remember.... 
I LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!!! 
 So feel free to comment anytime!!