Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Art turns to Cake


Rob and Sara were the coolest couple to work with. I had so much fun designing and creating this Salvador Dali inspired cake for them. I have to admit, this is one of my favorite cakes I've ever made.
When I met them several months ago and The Bridal Extravaganza they showed me a picture on their phone of Salvador Dali's painting of "The Persistance of Memory". I love modern art, and I was immediatly, drawn to this couples creativity and imagination for not only the idea's for their wedding cake, but for their whole wedding. We got together and sketched out several different designs.. and this is what we came up with. The groom made the copper trees for the gumpaste clocks to hang on which I think were fabulous. Once again.. Rob and Sara.. you guys are amazing. Thank you for being so fun to work with. I wish you the best of luck in your marriage!

No comments:

Welcome to Sugar Kisses Cakes Blog! Where you can see everything I'm working on and doing on a daily basis! Hope you enjoy the site.. and remember.... 
I LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!!! 
 So feel free to comment anytime!!